Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oscar much happier...

....after the BIG MELTDOWN at bedtime. All he wanted was more yogurt, at 8:15pm.

Problem was he had already had it extra, twice-over. So Dada said No! And Oker said MORE YOGURT !!!

About 100 times. He then turned into Satan the wrestling screaming knockdown dragout howling I'm going to barf all over you if you don't let me get what I want machine.

Dada got really upset and even mad but then to his shame gave in to the path of least resistance. Oscar got his 10% milk fat mediterranean yogurt, 7.5 mils of Motrin and then straight to bed. Once he got his way, sudden ANGELHOOD descended on Oker.

He slept for 12.5 hours without a peep. The sticky weather broke. He woke at 9:00 am (so late...), but entirely happy helpful and malleable. We rushed to school for 9:45am and he didn't resist an inch. No clingy goodbyes, but straight onto the trike in the basement of the daycare.

Hmmm, I think he needed to get something out of his system. All is well again--except that I have to wind back the sleep schedule at least an hour....

I'm actually looking forward to Saturday so he can sleep in as long as he wants and then we can have Dim Sum Yum !!!