Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A funny story, with backstory

Oscar doesn't have an imaginary friend, he has an imaginary country. It is called Manaka, and only he has been there (not Mama and Daddy, though he once told me that UC Barry went there with him). In Manaka, there are a lot of volcanos, a beach with lots of snappy lobsters, another Grandfather (not Puppa Brian or Oompa) who eats the jam off of toast and then throws it away, and Raffi Vigod (who according to Oscar, splits his time between Manaka, the moon and Earth). That's the backstory ~

~ So we're driving downtown on the weekend, and Oscar suddenly blurts out, "Chaos! I've been there!".
After choking down a laugh, I ask, "Where is Chaos?"
Oscar: "It's near Manaka."
~We pass by the Turkot train yards and Oscar yells: "There's the train that will take us to Chaos and Manaka. It's very close. It's only two minutes until Chaos!".

Which I thought was pretty accurate: spend any time with a 3 year old, and you're only 2 minutes from Chaos....